A Dynamic Design Community
William McDonough + Partners is an internationally-recognized architecture, community design and consulting firm operating around the world. A values-driven company, we offer an exciting work environment, competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
We are continuously looking for talented staff at all levels of experience, who share our commitment to design excellence and sustainability. Because our work is uniquely diverse in scale and project type, design versatility and critical thinking are highly valued.
Thank you for your interest in employment at William McDonough + Partners. We are currently accepting and actively reviewing applications for the following positions.
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS – CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA
William McDonough and his companies are looking for a Director of Communications to join our fast-paced and dynamic studio in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Responsibilities include developing and executing a holistic short, medium and long-term communications plan across three organizations (William McDonough + Partners, MBDC, and McDonough Innovation); managing incoming and outgoing public relations opportunities; designing and implementing social media outreach; coordinating awards strategies and submissions; developing content for company websites, project related communications, strategic communication coordination with clients, and organizing press around events.
The most important role of the Director of Communications is to help maintain a consistent “voice” across all of the written material issued by the companies. Thus, a keen editorial eye and robust writing skills are essential. Please send a cover letter and resume to Katie Breckinridge at email@example.com
INTERN / JUNIOR DESIGNERS – CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA
We are seeking talented interns and junior designers to join our studios in Charlottesville, VA. Working collaboratively with project teams, interns will participate in and contribute to the design and realization of unique and innovative architectural projects.
- Degree in Architecture from an accredited program is required.
- High proficiency using Revit. Previous professional experience using Revit a plus.
- High proficiency in advanced digital modeling, parametric modeling, and rendering.
- Proficiency in building and environmental analysis tools such as Ecotect or Sefeira valued.
- Skilled in physical model building including operational knowledge of a laser cutter and 3d printer.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability (and previous experience) in collaborating with and coordinating between team members, clients, and consultants.
- Well developed verbal, written, and visual / graphic communication skills.
- An understanding of sustainable design practices.
- Strong design, analytical and problem solving skills, a passion for discovery and constant improvement, high motivation, and an ability to collaborate and work within a team setting are essential.
Please send your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org with the materials listed below (see How to Submit an Application) with the subject heading WM+P JR DES – CVL.
How to Submit an Application
All applications must include a completed copy of our employment application, a cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae, and work samples. Please email these in a PDF format with total file not to exceed 10 mb. Only complete application materials will be considered and will be retained for three months.
Please do not send hardcopies or disks. Online portfolio links will not be reviewed. Please also note that we are not able to respond to telephone inquiries. Unfortunately, due to the high number of inquiries we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
William McDonough + Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email all employment inquiries to email@example.com.