Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute hosts gala on November 14
The Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute will honor William McDonough on November 14th, 2012 at the spectacular Bently Reserve in San Francisco, in a star-studded gala reception to celebrate McDonough’s game-changing contributions to the green building and green building products revolution. Opinion leaders from the worlds of innovation, technology, design, science, politics and entertainment will gather from around the globe to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the publication of McDonough and Braungart’s The Hannover Principles: Design for Sustainability and the 10th anniversary of publication of their book, Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things.
The gala takes place during the same week that San Francisco plays host to the green building leaders and advocates attending the 20th annual GreenBuild International Conference and Expo of the US Green Building Conference.
In addition to celebrating McDonough’s contributions during a fantastic evening of music, art, and product inspiration, the highlight of the evening will be to announce the creation of the Institute’s Innovation Prizes. The awards will honor the most innovative products to follow Cradle to Cradle® principles, with the stated goal of ending the widespread use of hazardous ingredients and replacing them with safe, healthy materials. The Prizes have been created to spark a revolution in the scientific and design community globally.
The event will support the ongoing global, transparent, and independent work of the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute in its mission to:
• Provide a standard to guide the creation of safe and healthy things for our world
• Train C2C product certification specialists worldwide;
• Stimulate and reward the next generation of material scientists;
• Reward the most innovative inventions that follow the C2C principles;
• Energize top corporate leaders by sharing the latest product innovations in the C2C network;
• Support high potential C2C product innovations with the resources and support of the C2C network.